Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Level Playing Field?

Yeah, yeah, level this.

Life, as well as any competitive game, is not supposed to have a level playing field. That would be like playing a game of musical chairs, using as many chairs as there are players. No one wins, but of course the point is, no one loses. Bah.

That’s the way I feel about some of the nerfs that Blizzard has implemented in WoW. For example, I earned my paladin mount. I was so proud. I had help, yes, but I earned it. Not everyone had one, because they didn’t jump through the hoops to get one.

That’s what made it special.

Now, all a pally has to do is wait until level 61 and buy the mount. While I believe the quest is still available for those who want to do it, what’s the point really? The paladin mount is now just another mount, which is why I may never ride mine again. If I'm not flying, I generally ride my black war bear, since one still has to earn it and it cannot simply be purchased (at least not yet, as far as I know).

No comments:

Post a Comment